Monday, October 12, 2009

Oohh! Baby Baby.

Dear Tia Fia-

Here's why I haven't written:

green beans = a gag.
strong cheeses = heavy dry heaving.
any type of herb = retching.
coffee= get it the F away from me unless you want vomit on your lap.
eggs, poultry, red meat= me running to the bathroom where B kindly holds my hair back while I spew all over the toilet.

We're having alot of fun now!

Because I'm, TADA( imagine jazz hands), 8 weeks pregnant. To help bring our little Arroz along, my body is raging with large amounts of progesterone and estrogen. These lovely hormones have reduced my palate to that of a five-year-old's. I only eat fruit (oranges), bread, creamy dairy products, mac and cheese, and Gatorade. Oh, and Saltines are like a gift from the Gods.

Not only have my food preferences changed, but I'm now sleeping about 16 hours a day. This morning I went on a 30 minute walk- when I got home I had to sleep for TWO hours. My new sleeping patterns are getting in the way of everything- I can't even go to the library without stopping at a park bench for a short nap.

So whenever I eat it has to be something fast and something I can stomach. I haven't eaten my Mom's cinnamon toast since I've grown up, but this morning it really fit the bill.


Mom's Cinnamon Toast
2 slices of bread
butter (enough to cover both slices)
sugar
cinnamon

1) Set the stove to broil. Spread bread slices with butter. Sprinkle cinnamon and sugar on top. Place under broiler. Wait and check every 30 seconds. Things burn fast!

I hope you're doing well! I saw your Texas Trip pictures and it looked like you were having alot of fun. Let me know how you're doing. I promise I won't take so long to write back.

Love,
TT

P.S. You're going to be a real TIA! Yeah!

1 comment:

  1. Honey, I don't butter both sides. But I may from now on.

    ReplyDelete