Thursday, October 29, 2009

Excuses

Dear Tia Fia-
My mom always told me to never make excuses. "Nobody cares", she'd always say as I'd tried to tell her why my room wasn't clean or my homework wasn't done, "Just get it done." So, while composing this entry, my internal maternal voice keeps rolling her eyes and yelling "NOBODY CARES" as I want to write, "but I didn't feel good", "my tummy is upset", "I feel so icky" in defense of my infrequent updates. It seems necessary to explain that I wanted to write, but just wasn't able. Because no excuses are forthcoming the only way I can adequately explain is to illustrate:




I've looked exactly like this for the last five weeks.

Although, there may be a light at the bottom of the toilet. I've only dry-heaved once this morning and yesterday! I had a friend over for brunch. It was an interaction that wasn't the cat or a co-worker and it was so much fun.


So, because I'm planning on feeling better this weekend I'm going to make Pozole and can't wait to post the recipe here.

Let me know what you've been cooking, what you're doing for Halloween, and how you're Dallas trip went ( I hope the cougars didn't eat you and muss up their hair).

Love,
T

P.S. Did you get yourself that chocolate bar and trashy magazine(s)?

No comments:

Post a Comment