Friday, October 16, 2009

Happy Anniversary

Dear Tia Fia-

Did you get that Fulbright application complete? When do you hear back? I just know I'm going to be visiting you in Bangladesh next summer. I can't believe the whole process is about to be done, do you feel a little let down and depressed or jubilant?

I think I'm going to have to send B to you for the next three weeks. He positively drooled over your chili. Poor thing, every time I make him something he douses it in ketchup, ranch dressing, or Siracha. For the first time in my life, I identify with those skinny little girls that pick at their food- I have no interest, I don't care to cook and when I do I take no time with it. Yuck. Although he might be reticent to leave because my cooking isn't the only thing that's changed.

I have HUGE breasts. Tia Fia, my prayers have been answered about 17 years too late. My little shirts no longer fit (I don't think my sugar-induced tummy is helping that much) and when wearing them I look like a sausage with outrageous boobs stuck in a turquoise v-neck. Really. Then, at night, when I unleash the monsters from their too small brassiere B takes one glance at my pendulous Tatas and starts screaming "they're ALIVE!, they're Alive! AHHHH!" and runs from the room. I've convinced myself that he is only being funny.

With all the growing going on, I almost forgot that today is our five-year anniversary. For B, I'm going to pick up a bottle of wine- a habit I stopped when he knocked me up. For me, I made pudding. I planned on attempting homemade from this recipe, but with all the intricate instructions it seemed akin to the scientific knowledge needed for baking and I just couldn't handle that. So, I just picked up a box of instant in the baking aisle instead.





Anyway, I miss you and I wish we could hang out in person this weekend. Only five weeks 'till Philly! See you soon and let me know about your weekend.

Love,
Tia Tay

No comments:

Post a Comment