Sunday, August 30, 2009

The Weekend in Review

Tia T -

I like to saunter into the idea of restraint and then sprint right out, which totally happened this weekend starting Friday night, when Laura and I made tomato pie. It tasted as cheesily, decadently good as you promised. Laura threw some feta into the cheese mixture, which nicely complemented the basil and tomatoes.

Then, J and I had a wonderful Saturday afternoon that included cinnamon-laced chocolate ice cream from our favorite ice cream shop. I ate a whole serving of it on a sugar cone like ice cream was going out of style while J and I walked hand in hand and window shopped.

And then our Saturday evening began with this tasty chicken dish:




Pretty delicious looking, right? It took no more than 15 minutes to make, was spicy, smoky, and sweet, and went great alongside some leftover orzo. I'm thinking it'd be good on top of some home fries or just plain white rice too, anything to sop up that sauce. J, who is not generally a huge sauce fan, licked that mustardly goodness right off his fork.

Finally, my friend Jess had me and Laura over for brunch this morning. Girlfriend made brown sugar and blueberry waffles, then taunted us further with a jar of Nutella:



I share all these food pron pictures with you to emphasize how briefly I lingered in Spiritual Growth Land. I didn't just fall off the wagon; I leaped. This state of Dionsyian bliss puts me in the right frame of mind to not just admire your refrigerator shelf stacked with cheese, but to wish to acquire my own.

Now, unfortunately, back to work. I hope this weekend found your "project" in an enjoyable phase of its development.

Love you!

-Ti to the Fiazzle

1 comment:

  1. Just found 2 chicken breasts in icebox that I defrosted yesterday and promptly forgot - wondered what to do with them...now I know. That looks scrumptious and I have everything to make it - no subs! My tomato pie is in the oven now, and my B knows 2 new cooking terms - coarse chop and chiffonade. He's getting to be a great kitchen aide and it only took 40 years.

    ReplyDelete