Thursday, August 20, 2009

Temperate Summer

Dear Tia Fia,

O.K. don't be jealous-it's 77 degrees and breezy here in Uptown, Chicago. We've had the most mild summer I've ever seen. No air-condition hopping for us, only open windows, sweaters at night, and hot coffee in the a.m. Our lone window unit resides in our bedroom, not because it's too hot to open the window, but because I'm afraid the bad men will break in and steal me. The weather has been so balmy that it has taken 'till August for B's strawberries to ripen-


Because we only have a few plants, B and I each have one strawberry a day. If we had more I'd make this for dessert.

For eating out, I just require that it be really good and that I can't make it. Like for pastor tacos with homemade corn tortillas, I'd require a roasting spit and an altogether new place of family origin. Posessing neither, I have to go to Carmela's (so small they don't have a website) for lunch when I can't stand another day of Yankee food.

The aguas frescas recipe you sent looks great. I'd love to try the mint cucumber.

Love ya,

TT

No comments:

Post a Comment