Saturday, August 22, 2009

Rules

Tia Fia-
Not only do I have rules for dining out, but I also have rules for makin' dinner. Existing only in my head, these strict stipulations are based on a complex and emotional framework that changes frequently and is unexplainable. So when B said the other evening, "I think I want to cook tonight," he knew to sit on the couch quietly and listen to-

1) You have to use the chicken breasts.
2) The goat cheese crumbles have to be used up.
3) There will be no going to the store for ingredients. And
4) The vegetables that are on the brink of turning need to be eaten.

Instead of complaining, B rose to the challenge and found a yummy and new recipe on-line.

He baked the chicken breasts and then slowly simmered

3/4 cup of goat cheese
1/2 cup of cream
1/2 cup of chicken broth
1 garlic clove
a handful of fresh herbs from our container garden


He then put this on top of the chicken breasts. Girl- I could eat this EVERY week. I see it on grilled veggies, a chicken sandwich, or on a spoon shoveled into my mouth while I'm standing over the stove.

How was your party? Let me know.

Love,

TT

P.S. I'm putting "veggie patch" on my Will Never Say list- it joins moist, pluck and prune.

No comments:

Post a Comment