Monday, August 24, 2009

Food for Thought

Tia Tay!

That does look like an amazing day...details, and fast. Are those peaches in that heavenly looking salad? Goat cheese? WALNUTS?!!! What herbs are canoodling with that chicken? That looks like a restaurant I would want to frequent but couldn't afford - is that your house?

My life is a little more dull at the moment...I'm sitting at my desk, taking a lunch break from a frustrating few hours of working on my statement of purpose for the Fulbright application. I hate this kind of writing, because it always feels contrived to try to find that balance between overly modest and explicitly self-aggrandizing. I wanted to eat something fresh, light, but substantial enough to kick start my beaten-against-the-wall brain. After foraging through my pantry and the fridge and busying myself in the kitchen for a few minutes, I sat back down at my desk with renewed purpose.



A bowl of baby spinach. A can of garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed. A generous handful of grated parmesan cheese. A few glugs of olive oil, and the juice of a whole lemon. One fried egg dusted with ground black pepper. I think I can get back to work now.

Can't wait to hear the details of your day -

Love,

TF

No comments:

Post a Comment