Saturday, August 29, 2009

Cheese Heavy

Dear Tia Fia,

After reading your letter I was struck by the stark contrast in our weeks. While it sounds like your week is one of spiritual growth and sacrifice, mine is one of self-indulgence and idleness.

Although I could offer you tons of evidence to support the above statement I will only give you one:







I call this Cheese Heavy. Yes, that's right. Five cheeses and even more dairy products. The grated Monterrey jack/cheddar mix is for casseroles, the goat is for salads, the Parmesan is again for salads when I don't feel like goat, the small block of cheddar is for my walnuts or my eggs in the morning, and after taking this photo I added a provolone to make your Eggplant Pizza (which was AMAZING).

We usually have only a mild cheddar, but this week is prime time to work on what I call "the Project". Most projects require discipline, hard work, and time management, but for this one the Doc prescribed no running, five more pounds, and relaxation. Not only does an abundance of cheese choices help me gain those pounds, but it also signals to my cave woman brain "him- good provider" about B. Or this is how I explain it to B when he asks, "What the Hell are five cheeses doing in the fridge!!???"


Let me know how your weekend went.

Love,
TT

1 comment:

  1. We both lol over this.
    Making your kielbasa/sauerkraut and the tomato pie today for the week. Like the way you two rely on Elise - I do too. Made her beef stroganoff last night, except that I didn't have noodles, so used rice; didn't have mushrooms, so used green peas; didn't have tarragon, so used herbes de provence - and I put in a lot of sherry and garlic to make up for my deficient larder.
    And now you have your obligatory food blog commenter who can't follow a recipe and has to tell you about it in detail. At least it wasn't one of your recipes.

    ReplyDelete